The Data Analytics Bootcamp includes personalized career services and two courses: XBUS-400 Data Analytics and XCOM-900 Thinking to Thrive. Schedule and curriculum details are below.
XBUS-400 Data Analytics
Meeting Times and Dates:
Fridays, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Live Online meeting time through Zoom and Canvas
Fridays, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. - Offline student preparation and study time
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. - Live Online meeting time through Zoom and Canvas
Saturdays, 1:30 - 2:30 Lab and 2:30 - 4:00 p.m., Student preparation and study time.
In this course the student will develop technical analytical skills to support data-driven decision-making. Beginning with the study of SQL and Python, students will learn how to to store, access, and manipulate data in relational databases. Statistical tools will be discussed to understand uncertainties and predictive capabilities of data models in supporting decisions. Visualization techniques will be introduced to understand how the presentation and communication of data provides insight into analysis and decision making.
Explore the programming technologies involved in data analysis and visualization
Acquire an understanding of how data analysis improves the decision-making process
Identify data sources and create analytical data sets
Perform statistical analysis to test the validity of data analysis and decisions
Explain ethical considerations in data analysis and decision making
XMKT-900 - Thinking to Thrive
Meeting Times and Dates:
Saturdays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m., - Live Online meeting time through Zoom and Canvas
The course starts with an in depth look at the biases and fallacies that cause errors of judgement and choice. The course will then introduce the student to core concepts, methods, and the practical application of the following skills: critical thinking; analytical thinking and judgement; innovation and design thinking; cognitive flexibility; and ethics and values.
Discover and overcome mental blocks in your thinking and judgment
Apply analytical thinking to break down complex information into fundamental parts
Apply critical thinking to evaluate and interpret information to develop a sound judgment
Recognize multiple ways to solve problems and embrace divergent thinking
Recognize the importance of ethics to determine what is right and how values determine what is important in your decision-making processes.
Minimum Computer Requirements for the Data Analytics Bootcamp:
- Webcam, microphone, and speaker
- Connectivity: A broadband connection
- Browser: The most recent version of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox
- Platform: A computer with at least a 1.6 GHz processor, 4GB of RAM and 20 GB free hard disk space
- Operating system: Windows 8 or newer, OS X 10.6 or newer, or Ubuntu 12.04 or newer, or the equivalent. OS X and Linux are strongly encouraged.
- A command prompt available (Powershell on Windows, Terminal on OS X or Linux).
- Administrative Rights to install software on your computer
- IMPORTANT: If you are using your employer's computer to take the Data Analytics Bootcamp, it is likely you may not have administrative rights due to security reasons. It is critical prior to the first day of class you have access to a computer with administrative rights.
- To determine if you have administrative rights, please read
A certificate of completion will be available upon the successful completion of the Data Analytics Bootcamp.
For more information please contact email@example.com