With an understanding of the threats and vulnerabilities in cybersecurity, in this course students will develop the technical countermeasures and assessment skills needed to manage threats and risks. Technical countermeasures such as encryption, antiviruses, firewalls, intrusion detections, and penetration testing will be discussed. Students will also develop the skills both to conduct and understand the results of security, threat, and risk assessments. Topics such as methodology, requirements, scoping, automated tools, data analysis, and report structure will be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Operationalize a variety of technical countermeasures including antiviruses, firewalls and encryptions
- Interpret a security risk assessment
- Initiate and manage an organization-wide risk assessment
- Prioritize and remediate identified risks
NotesThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Cybersecurity Strategy : Required