This course will prepare students to address the management of security. Students will discuss management responsibilities including training and assessments, audits, and cloud services. In addition, the course will give students an in depth look at the costs and benefits, from both a business and cybersecurity perspective, of transferring operations to third parties. Key mechanisms to manage risks, such as relationship management, authentication and authorization controls, contract provisions, and industry standard certification, will be explored.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Practice effective training and assessment activities to managing security
- Understand compliance regulations and prepare for audits
- Articulate the benefits and costs of using a third party
- Identify relevant controls that can be used to manage the risks
- Design a vendor relationship program to monitor and manage the cybersecurity risks
NotesThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Cybersecurity Strategy : Required