This course examines social media policies and procedures to manage risk and improve communication strategies. Participants will have the opportunity to draft social media policies and procedures for their respective organizations. Participants will develop skills to draft policies for the full life cycle of social media accounts that address structural restraints and requirements. Students will learn to leverage tools and resources to institute process, technological, organizational changes required to manage risk and achieve their communication goals.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Prepare social media policies for the full life cycle of social media accounts that address structural restraints and requirements
- Recognize key steps in how to register for and optimize social media channels for an organization
- Explain how to draft social media policies to empower employees for social media success
- Evaluate social media policies for interaction with the public
- Construct procedures for managing social media accounts and mitigating potential risks
NotesThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Social Media Management : Required