This course introduces the financial planning profession, the concepts of the time value of money, insurance planning, and the practice of personal financial planning by professional planners. A financial calculator, such as a Hewlett Packard 12C, is required for this course.
This course is available for continuing education insurance credits:
- District of Columbia – 16 CE insurance credits
- Maryland – 16 CE insurance credits
- Virginia – 39 CE insurance credits
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Gain a firm grasp of financial planning concepts.
- Obtain an introduction to the financial planning profession and the practice of personal financial planning for individuals, families, and small businesses by professional planners.
- Understand time value of money concepts and the calculations to support them.
- Learn about insurance planning and risk management and gain a working knowledge of risk management/ insurance techniques.
Minimum Grade Policy
Students must receive a grade of "C" or better to pass this course. Please review our program policies here.
Course RegistrationThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.