This course offers an extensive introduction to the fields of change leadership, organizational development and organizational consulting. The 4-day session will give a solid overview of the core skills required to successfully lead change and build thriving, sustainable organizations. Students will focus on the first phases of the “Consulting and Change Cycle” to learn the skills of “entry and contracting” - as well as how to position themselves as true partners with clients and stakeholders in any organization. This session will also apply culture-building tools and activities to begin forming a strong, high-trust cohort among students and key faculty.
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the roles of “change leader” & “consultant” (internal and external)
- Understand and begin to apply “The Consulting & Change Cycle” to real-life organizational scenarios
- Understand change processes and the predictable stages of transitions.
- Skillfully build strong, collaborative partnerships with clients and stakeholders
- Assess their personal core consulting and leadership skills – and determine areas for development
- Recognize personal strengths and biases to be a more effective change agent
- Understand how to build a community and shape organizational culture
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.