The course will provide students with a fundamental understanding of the various types of business organizations that operate in the United States. Students will understand the factors in selecting a business structure and the process of formation, operation, and dissolution of business entities. Topics include the sole proprietorship, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and business corporations.
Learning about the advantages and disadvantages of different forms of business entities and the roles and responsibilities of business managers will provide students with the knowledge necessary to achieve success in business and to collaborate with legal counsel to solve business issues.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the sources of law
- Understand the court and legal process
- Examine business and financial legal structures
- Describe the legal and ethical responsibilities of people in your organization
- Locate legal resources
- Discover how to work with legal counsel effectively