In this module, students will be introduced to the core concepts which they will learn and deepen throughout the program. Students will explore the use of self as a coach, how to build strong coaching partnerships with their clients, and begin to develop the coaching skills required to be a world class leadership coach. Students will begin to cultivate a coaching mindset and understand the distinctions between coaching, leadership, and transformation.
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Articulate the differences between coaching, therapy, mentoring and consulting
- Design practices for self reflection in the domains of body, mind, spirit, emotions, and identity
- Co-create relationship agreements with the coaching client
- Demonstrate the ability to ask powerful questions that help leaders evoke new insight and awareness
- Demonstrate the ability to listen for and explore the client’s story in the context of their goals and desired future
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Leadership Coaching in order to register.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching : Required