In this module, students will deepen their understanding and application of core coaching competencies to help leaders build awareness and create shifts in the domains of mind, body, emotion, spirit, and identity. By the end of this module, students will understand the structure of a coaching session and overall coaching engagement. Students will learn how language shapes a leader’s experience and how to intervene with leaders to use language to coordinate action and create breakthrough results. Finally, students will explore how to support leaders in moving from awareness into action by helping clients commit to actions and facilitate growth.
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Explain arc of the coaching engagement and coaching session
- Establish an agreement for the coaching session including topic and measure of success
- Ask questions, listen and share observations, insights and feeling that have the potential to create new learning for the client
- Work with clients to integrate new insight, awareness and learning into their way of being and into action
- Partner with clients to design coaching goals, actions and accountability to integrate new learning
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Leadership Coaching in order to register.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching : Required