Course DescriptionIn this module, students will explore the various ways in which humans develop over the course of their lifetime. They will understand the role complexity plays in stimulating a leader's development. Students will explore the role of the body, neuroscience, and emotional intelligence in leadership, presence, and transformation. By the end of the module, students will demonstrate the ability to coach leaders using practices designed to support clients in advancing their developmental journey.
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Recognize the multiple ways humans grow and develop
- Demonstrate the ability to coach leaders to develop greater leadership presence through embodied awareness
- Describe the ethical implications of applying a human and adult development lens when coaching
- Describe the role of complexity in leadership and human development
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the core coaching competencies when coaching for human/adult development
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Leadership Coaching in order to register.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching : Required