Course DescriptionIn this module, students will explore the role of leadership coaching in a system. Students will explore models of organizational development and systems as a way of understanding complex interaction of many variable parts of the leader’s environment. Students will learn how to engage the system surrounding a leader in their development including setting development goals that meet the needs of both the leader and the organization.
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Apply the core coaching competencies with a leadership and systems perspective
- Demonstrate the skills to choose developmentally appropriate interventions that support leaders operating in complex systems
- Distinguish specific leadership capacities needed to navigate complex systems and demonstrate the ability to coach to them
- Identify ethical issues that may arise when working with leaders in a complex system
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Leadership Coaching in order to register.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching : Required