If we have learned anything these past few years, it’s that the world is changing at an even more ambiguous and rapid pace. To enable a sustainable, successful, and even compassionate future for both ourselves and the world, we are being called to respond by developing a new set of skills and behaviors to meet the ever-increasing complexity. Our term for this is entrepreneurial leadership capacity. At the heart of this entrepreneurship capacity is a drive and talent for complex problem solving. We have known these identities as entrepreneurs (to create value by starting a business) and intrapreneur leaders (to create value by innovating within a business).
This workshop is for leaders within organization, or leaders of their own business, to develop their entrepreneurial mindsets and skills. Participants will emerge with an expanded entrepreneurial leadership capacity in order to develop entrepreneurial projects either as founders (of their own startups) or as intrapreneur leaders (those driving innovation and change within organizations). The ultimate aspiration for this workshop is to enable us to become those complex problem solvers in order to achieve our dreams and be contributors to the well-being of society.
Module 1: Foundation - Value Propositions
Becoming skilled at identifying and evaluating value propositions is a vital step to becoming an entrepreneur. Learn how to properly frame opportunities as the anchor to the entrepreneurial method.
- Entrepreneurs will leverage the value proposition as the cornerstone of their startup concept(s).
- Intrapreneur Leaders will leverage the value proposition to capitalize on new opportunities, innovate, and drive organizational change.
Module 2: Capitalizing on Opportunity - a Systematic Approach
You have an idea, now what? This module outlines the systematic approach on how to identify customer opportunity, how to properly frame it, and then how to test the validity of the opportunity. (Make it up, test it)
- Entrepreneurs will leverage this method in startups to test assumptions and validate their value proposition through testing.
- Intrapreneur Leaders will implement this as a cultural approach to innovation and change, directing their organization on how to identify and act on the most impactful opportunities.
Module 3: Framing and Experiments
We have to remind ourselves that our ideas and our value propositions are true to us and may not be true to anyone else out there! Testing through planned experiments is how entrepreneurs validate and prove their value propositions before spending any money on things like websites and marketing campaigns.
- Entrepreneurs will learn how to have an unbiased approach to their value proposition by testing assumptions and validating their ideas.
- Intrapreneur Leaders will curate ideas to nimbly navigate and capture ‘high value’ opportunities that are emerging within these times of rapid change.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Utilize key entrepreneurial mindsets with effective internal response and external action;
- Identify, assess, and capitalize on opportunities;
- Apply a systematic entrepreneurial method to solve problems through experimentation;
- Examine their own human story as an inspiration of their entrepreneurial identity and share that story for influence and advocacy.
Graduates from the School of Continuing Studies at Georgetown University are eligible for a 10% alumni discount on select ITL courses, workshops, and seminars (certificate programs excluded). Send an email to ITLprograms@georgetown.edu to learn about your eligibility.
Participants who register at least 21 days prior to the course start date will receive a 10% tuition discount. Please note that only one tuition discount can be applied at time of registration.
This course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Please review the refund policies in our Student Handbook before completing your registration.