XCPD-473 - Collecting Data and Designing Feedback
Effective change efforts in organizations depend on a shared, clear understanding of the current reality of an organization and its challenges. Students will learn how to skillfully collect organizational data using a variety of tools. Students will learn how to leverage frameworks and models to interpret and communicate both quantitative and qualitative data. The session will give students the structures and skills practice to lead feedback meetings with key stakeholders and engage in critical conversations to collaboratively develop a path forward. Learning will be achieved through highly experiential activities in which students will have an opportunity to practice data collection, analysis, and feedback skills.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop a collaborative data collection approach to build a shared picture of an organization’s current reality
- Leverage organizational models to identify critical issues and organize data collection efforts
- Differentiate and apply quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to assess organizational dynamics
- Identify methods to analyze data appropriate to respective data collection methods
- Describe how their biases and mental models impact their data collection, and the impressions they are forming about the data and system.
- Design and facilitate feedback meetings that help tell the story of the data, deepen understanding of the system and related issues, and process through client resistance
- Construct data collection methodology that is responsible and ethical, and one that supports the sustainability of the system.
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Development Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Organization Development Consulting & Change Leadership : OD Consulting & Change Leadership