XCPD-476 - Facilitating Inclusive Dialogue and Clear Decision Making in Organizations
We are always gathering and communicating; we are doing so with intention or a lack of it. Those in a position to facilitate conversations must be able to create the conditions for inclusion and participation in order to generate a robust exchange of ideas, AND they must be able to help groups find alignment after setting the conditions for different perspectives to be heard! Participants will integrate theory and practice as they learn effective facilitation skills in an experiential learning environment. This course will provide participants a toolbox of strategies to be used in face-to-face, remote, and hybrid environments, including models for dialogue and decision making optimized for each format. Participants will also learn techniques for staying grounded in challenging moments.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Select appropriate strategies to set the conditions for groups to have generative dialogue in face-to-face, remote, and hybrid settings
- Formulate questions designed to enhance and progress a group’s thinking
- Differentiate between different models of group decision making and discern when each might be appropriate, and how each is experienced by those included and not included
- Recognize the impacts of a facilitator on a system
- Refine how they embody their unique intentions as a practitioner, and what may disrupt their focus or groundedness
- Hone a practice of returning to a grounded, non-anxious presence after being knocked off center.
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Development Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Organization Development Consulting & Change Leadership : OD Consulting & Change Leadership