XCPD-478 - Integrating and Applying Lessons Learned
This final session pulls together all of the essential elements of the program and provides an opportunity for integrating course learning with project and on-the-job experience. Students will present a critical analysis of their client project and receive feedback from the cohort and faculty. The session will also deepen student understanding of the role of “closure” and “evaluation” as essential pillars in successful organizational change. Students will have the opportunity to meet a variety of practitioners on a career panel and engage in conversation about practicing OD based on professional location (e.g. building an external consultant practice, leveraging influence as an internal OD consultant, and further developing as a change leader).
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Demonstrate practitioner competencies of the OD Cycle (entry, contracting, data collection, analysis and feedback, intervention) through program projects
- Design milestone markers and closings that support the experiential objectives of a group’s time together.
- Extract core learnings from the course and project and imagine application of program principles to future scenarios
- Recognize personal strengths, developmental progress, and map areas for continued professional growth
- Identify various career paths in the “change leadership” and “consulting” fields through discussions with peers and panelists.
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Development Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Organization Development Consulting & Change Leadership : OD Consulting & Change Leadership