XCPD-479 - Organization Development Consulting Application
Course DescriptionIn the Organization Development (OD) Consulting Application course, concepts in the program are integrated via monthly learning team meetings and applied via a practicum consulting project with a client organization. The mandatory monthly learning team sessions are led by seasoned OD consultants, Learning Team Coaches. The sessions provide students with a smaller group environment to discuss class content and to explore their learning and growth as practitioners. The learning teams are also the primary venue through which students advance their practicum project. Each project team consists of 2-3 students who are supported by the Learning Team Coach and the members of the other project team(s). Learning teams meet monthly for 3 hours during the week following each module of the program, except module 8 when learning teams meet during class.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Draft and negotiate an OD Consulting Agreement
- Design and implement a data collection strategy and theme the data findings
- Prepare and facilitate a feedback meeting with a client system
- Support a client system to prioritize and make progress on their identified goals
- Identify strengths and areas of growth as a practitioner and consultant partner
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Development Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.