Marketers are expected to manage websites, multi-channel communications campaigns, and work with a variety of web-based platforms. This requires marketing professionals to be proficient in HTML and CSS, the language of the Internet. This course is designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and enable them to get the most out of content management and marketing platforms.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and proper usage of HTML elements to structure web pages
- Paraphrase basic concepts of using CSS to style web pages
- Use basic concepts of HTML to structure a web page, including formatting text, tables, divs and spans, lists, links, forms, and media
- Apply core concepts of how to use CSS to style and layout a web page, including text formatting and advanced layout
- Construct an HTML webpage with CSS styling to market a new mobile application
NotesThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Multidisciplinary Business Studies : MBS Electives