To say that web design has evolved over the past five years would be an understatement. The introduction of HTML 5, responsive web design for mobile platforms, changes in design paradigms, and a shift from on-premise to software-as-a-service platforms have left many marketers behind. This course is designed for students to examine the fundamentals of web design usability with a keen focus on current and emerging trends.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain core concepts of user centered design for websites and mobile applications
- Explain core concepts information architecture and user data storage
- Apply components of the user centered design strategy and document functional user requirements
- Create a demo application that applies principles of user centered design
- Identify core components of a measurement strategy to evaluate user engagement
NotesThis course is an open enrollment course. No application is required and registration is available by clicking "Add to Cart." Current students must register with their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account prior to registration.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Multidisciplinary Business Studies : MBS Electives