This course focuses on the integration of the coaching skills and behavior change theories learned thus far with adult ego development and additional frameworks for sustaining change. Students will further develop and refine their individualized Health Coaching Approach. Additional frameworks for overcoming barriers and supporting clients are introduced. Students continue their own self-awareness and self-reflection work through these frameworks.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply behavior change models and motivational interviewing skills to support positive health choices
- Conduct initial, intermediate, and final coaching sessions, including vision, health assessment, decision analysis, goal setting, action steps, overcoming barriers and strategies for sustainable change
- Apply the sustaining change frameworks in their own developmental journeys
- Refine an individualized Health Coaching Approach
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching in order to register.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching : Required