Today’s collaborative business environments require strong facilitation skills in every role – especially consultants and change leaders. They must be able to lead groups through sometimes intense conflict and difficult, sensitive issues. Participants will integrate theory and practice as they learn effective facilitation skills in a safe and challenging experiential learning environment. This course will give participants simple models for understanding what’s really going on in very diverse groups and elegant strategies for transforming resistance. Students will get plenty of practice dealing with their most challenging group situations and a simple facilitation template that can be applied in any situation.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize and address dysfunctional teams
- Lead groups through conflict situations
- Apply specific approaches to resolve common group obstacles
- Build personal leadership presence and confidence
- Understand effective group and team behavior
- Enhance group creativity and alignment
- Lead and collaborate with highly diverse groups
Enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must submit an application and be accepted into the Certificate in Organizational Consulting and Change Leadership in order to register for this course.
Current Georgetown students must create an application using their Georgetown NetID and password. New students will be prompted to create an account.
- XCPD-446 - Organizational Consulting Capstone (Complete)
- XCPD-445 - Group Dynamics: Facilitating the Human Element in Organizational Change (Complete)
- XCPD-443 - Interventions: Intention, Impact and Results (Complete)
- XCPD-447 - Engagement: Data Collection and Analysis; Preparing Client Feedback (Complete)
- XCPD-442 - Organization and Change Theory (Complete)
- XCPD-441 - Basic Foundations: Organizational Consulting and Change Leadership (Complete)